Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lots of Changes

Its been forever since my last post and lots of things have changed. Mainly that we sold our house with the garden, downsized and moved into a small but beautifully located suite in the city. I've changed the name of this blog from A Garden Near the Sea because even though we are near the beach and have a lovely garden it is not my responsibility to look after and now my gardening is limited to a small patio. I chose The Nesting Instinct because even though I don't have a big house anymore I still love all the domestic arts. Now I just have less responsibility and that feels very, very good. You get to a point when you wonder if you really own your house or if it owns you. There was so much work to be done and so much associated cost with our house that it began to feel much more of a burden than a joy. We listed it for sale last November and moved in February of this year. In between we sold, donated and basically got rid of tons of stuff (tons!). Over the years I had taken over 1500 photos of the old house and I have them to remind me of our times there and how pretty it could be. So here I am back again for the 2 or 3 of you who check in from time to time (you know who you are) :) M A photo of our new home

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Life is full of different adventures, this is a new chapter, I look forward to reading about the city life!

    ReplyDelete